Daily Blog

May 9 😎Wednesday

So it's a big day for my country. Elections are here and we're all looking to see how the future of our country is going to be like.

So I actually woke up quite late today. Came back at 2 am after all.

Had my breakfast, took a short break, and went over to the polling centre (a school nearby). First time doing this and I'm like totally feeling out of place. So you have to go to the registration counter (or something), give them your identification card, and then they tell you which room you're supposed to go to.


The only room that you had to queue for

So I queued up, and quietly waited. Finally.

Well it all went past pretty quickly in there. First you give them your identification card again, where they have to do some cross-checking. Then you dip your hand into an ink bottle (EWWWW), and they give you the ballot papers. So you're supposed to cross the one you want to vote for, something as a teacher, I had to readjust for a second.



The finger 

Either way, it was a great experience. At this point the polls are still being counted. I foresee a long night ahead, but I'm just going to sleep.

Things I learnt.
- Be thankful that no funny business was going on. 
- I really should be focusing on the right things

Comments

Popular Posts