Book Review ~ "Living Your Passion"
Book Review
“Living Your Passion” by Keith Abraham
Let’s start off my book reviews with the
book I started my year off with.
This book was a really fun read. It really set up the year for me on how to be
more focused and forward with my goals and dreams. Honestly at this point I
can’t manage to remember all the details. I do remember bringing this book
around, going out to breakfast with it, to functions, reading it early in the
morning.
So about the book itself.
What’s your passion? I never really did
think of this question. I just assumed a lot about what liked. Some of them
because others assumed them for me I suppose, but that’s the fun part. Getting
to know the parts of you that might have been overlooked. How often do we have
a presumed flaw or lacking, only to see others find it a unique strength of
ours? Besides, you really learn what you
really want in life if you apply yourself into the book. That’s your passion.
For me I’ve seen that my passion was not
really fully into teaching, but rather helping and mentoring. I’m actually quite
terrible at explaining stuff (I tend to overcomplicate or oversimplify).
Instead, I find myself really into encouraging and motivating others, as well
as providing help for those who need it. (typical melancholic/phlegmatic I
suppose).
There are 5 parts to this book.
1. Ponder your purpose
2. Pinpoint your passion
3. Produce your plan
4. Progress your development
5. Pursue your passion
It’s great that this book gets you to start
thinking, and sets you up with a plan of action.
I’m also coming to terms with what kind of
goals do I want to set in my life. There have been changes in the direction,
and definitely the ending line.
At this point in the previous year, I
wasn’t reading a whole lot of books to be honest. This book set me up to roll
on and complete 24 books so far at this point of the year. What could it do for
you?
So a little about the author.
Keith Abraham is a motivational speaker,
author, and performance coach.
He published this book in 2004.
I find his writing clear, humorous and
relatable.
His client list really speaks for itself
too.
You can find out more about Keith from his
website,
https://keithabraham.com/
Comments
Post a Comment