Book Review ~ “While You’re in a Traffic Jam, I’m Playing Golf”
*disclaimer*
this book is not about golf. and don’t worry if you aren’t exactly stuck in traffic.
So about this book. It’s really about his journey and lessons on his way of building his success.
The way he imparts his ideas is really clear and witty. I actually have to admit I didn’t finish reading his book all the way on the first time. I was distracted and only finished it this year. And it’s been really instrumental in getting me on track. Well as much on track as I am. I still go back to this book and read some parts just to refresh my memory and also to see if there are any insights I may have missed.
The thing I like about this book is that each chapter comes with its own action steps. It gives you a clear idea what needs to be done. For someone like me who is pretty clueless all the time, that’s a blessing.
Simon Thompson is the only author in the list that I’ve actually met in person. I guess that’s an achievement. He’s an Australian who married a Malaysian lady by the name of Diana Choo. They currently live in Kuala Lumpur. Had the pleasure of meeting this amazing person with his unique perspective and humour, plus he gave me his autograph. Yay.
I can’t really divulge much about this book except that it is a must read for anyone who wants to apply themselves in self development or business.
Don’t bother about the title too. As far as I’m concerned, golf isn’t that high on my priority either.
The question is what would you do if you weren’t stuck in that traffic??
this book is not about golf. and don’t worry if you aren’t exactly stuck in traffic.
So about this book. It’s really about his journey and lessons on his way of building his success.
The way he imparts his ideas is really clear and witty. I actually have to admit I didn’t finish reading his book all the way on the first time. I was distracted and only finished it this year. And it’s been really instrumental in getting me on track. Well as much on track as I am. I still go back to this book and read some parts just to refresh my memory and also to see if there are any insights I may have missed.
The thing I like about this book is that each chapter comes with its own action steps. It gives you a clear idea what needs to be done. For someone like me who is pretty clueless all the time, that’s a blessing.
Simon Thompson is the only author in the list that I’ve actually met in person. I guess that’s an achievement. He’s an Australian who married a Malaysian lady by the name of Diana Choo. They currently live in Kuala Lumpur. Had the pleasure of meeting this amazing person with his unique perspective and humour, plus he gave me his autograph. Yay.
I can’t really divulge much about this book except that it is a must read for anyone who wants to apply themselves in self development or business.
Don’t bother about the title too. As far as I’m concerned, golf isn’t that high on my priority either.
The question is what would you do if you weren’t stuck in that traffic??
Comments
Post a Comment