What I talk when I talk about Murakami

Okay. Confession time. Huddle up everyone.

I only finished one book when I promised I'd finish 3 this month

*collective gasp*

Yeah it's been that kind of month.

Well if I want February to be any better there's only one thing to do.

If it's to be, it's up to me. Oh well

So, the book. That I've read. The first book that I finished in 2019. From cover to cover this year. (I actually finished another one but that was just left with one chapter so I can't really be expected to count that.)

So it's actually the book "What I Talk About When I talk About Running" by Haruki Murakami. Yes my favourite author. Wait. Isn't it Neil Gaiman? Isn't It David Eddings? Do I really have to choose only one? Well, may the odds ever be in your favour. (but wait, that isn't even from a series I like anyway)

So *ahem*
this book was written by Mr Murakami to talk about... well read the title. Running. With so much more in between. Oh don't get me wrong. He really talks a lot about running, bringing you along on his experiences as he runs marathons, for training, or just a way to stay healthy. We've all been somewhere in between.

There is so much insight into his life and the way he operates as an author. I'm so glad and happy I managed to read this after doing NaNoWriMo last year, because now it plays a different chord inside of me while I read. Whether about running or about his writing, it becomes much more familiar to me.

So would I recommend this book? Not always. If you're not interested in what he writes, there's totally no point to tell you this is there? Or maybe you've been interested in his works. It might not be for everyone, but I'd suggest you do read it anyway. Or maybe you like running and think this is a good book about running. Honestly it is. From his experiences running marathons every year, even an ultramarathon once, to triathlons now.

I'm sure there is something right inside there for you.

That's how I feel reading his works.

(5/100)

Comments

Popular Posts