To the girl from Borders

Okay, strap on your belts. We're going on a cringe-y adventure from the life of this fish. How fun is that aye?

So this is a story I related to my mother for my 22 things list. My mum's reaction? Okay. It's just not easy to please them these days.

(disclaimer: all this happened before I met Mochi and the retelling of this story has already been heard by her. Retelling of this story again is for the purpose of adding context to the thing I was supposed to do before I turn 23.)

So, to the girl from Borders.

It was another day where I randomly spend time in a bookshop. As if there are any other places to spend time in a mall productively. So that's where I go.

So you were there with your friend. Hello.

I asked if you liked Murakami too, since you were looking at his books. They're this fish's personal favourite after all.

You said no. You'd just been recommended by a friend. Oh well, wrong direction.

So after we talked for a while, it became pretty fun.

But as always, the fish drowns in the water.

I promised if I saw you again in the mall, I'd bite the hook. Funny enough I never did.

Not until I was about to leave.

There you were, the girl from Borders, sitting there with your friend. Again, the water reached out and engulfed me. Not this time, the fish swam.

A pep talk later, things went into high octane.

I took so many deep breaths. Haven't drowned so far. That's good. Time to plunge in, and there went the fish swimming again.

To this day, I'm still so, so, so, affected by what I did that very day. Honestly, I feel like, things might have went better, but it's the process not the outcome after all.

And so the outcome.

I know, I should've asked for a number. Instead I went for the safe option of asking for your facebook. That sure went well.

(10/100)




Comments

Popular Posts