Midnight Moments: 14.Wave15.Rain16.Loud

It was the last summer of my high school life. I'd went to the beach with my group of best friends and we watched as the waves roll onto the overcrowded beach. Surfers were surfing. Picnickers were picnicking, We boys were looking. Obviously at girls. Also occasionally at the random dog walking past.

"So what do you think we'll be doing in 5 years?" Frederick asked.

Jamie signaled for us to look slightly behind our left, "Hopefully, her."

"Nice one." we all chimed in.

Everyone of us had been in some sort of relationship at that point. So it wasn't weird that we'd have certain discussions from time to time. Personally, all I've ever done was bringing Ellie the librarian our for dates around our seaside town. We'd held hands a few times and even kissed once.

That question stuck with me as we ran from the diner back to Frederick's place under the rain. Just what was in my future for another 5 years. There was a lot for me to choose, but to be honest, how much of it was actually possible?

I'd probably like to be working in some company, found someone to date, and most likely planning for the same question once again. It's all just a cycle now.

It was exactly five years later, when the alarm rang and I woke up next to Penny. I turned it off and pulled her closer to me.

"Do you always have to let your alarm ring so loud?"

It was my way of reminding myself to wake up every day anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts