Midnight Moments: 18.Warm

"Hey man, what's with the weather in here?" Perry yelled out over the counter.

I brought out the dishes I'd cooked. "Crank it. The air conditioning stopped working some time ago."
Plating out a curry and some fresh bread, I took off my apron and joined the table. We cheered to the coming arrival of the new year.

As everyone started having their dinner, casual conversations started flowing. Penny was chatting up with Jasmine about the latest movies, which caught the attention from the two of us.

"So, you two have decided to tie the knot?" Penny came out with the topic after discussing how it was to live together.

Jasmine looked sheepish, "Well, technically I was too distracted by the situation that I had to say yes. At this point so many people have asked to confirm that I can't back out anymore." We all laughed at her attempt at innocence.

"I sure do hope it's not a garden wedding in the summer now. Theodore does sweat a lot."

"Well, isn't that why the air conditioning stopped working? So I'd have time to warm myself up."


Comments

Popular Posts