Midnight Moments: 5.Angel

In my life, there have been 4 angels that graced my time on earth. The first one was the woman who brought me into this world and shaped me into who I am today

Another angel came into my life some time later. I remember the moment she opened the door to the diner and that's where I looked into the woman who would be my future. 

We got married 5 years later, much to the happiness of everyone around us. Things were great. At least until our first child was born. 

We named her Penny and she was the third angel of my life. Her happiness consumed my thoughts and I worked my hardest to give her a future. I had worked as a shoemaker and that meant I had to devote myself between my passions and family. There was a general sense that it had a fine point to balance, but we managed to do it as a young family.

However, life never really lets you know when it tips over, like how it did when the fourth angel came into my life. 

At that point, I'd already given up all hope and resigned myself to fate. Hospital treatments just couldn't be something I burdened my family with. 

So I decided to clear off all my existing work. I still had that responsibility in me. One day, a man came to me and asked for his shoes to be repaired. I told him that I couldn't promise him with all the work I still had and the condition I was in. He said it was alright. He didn't want anyone else to be working on the shoes that I had made myself.

For the next few weeks, he would drop in to check on his shoes, and even after they had been repaired. We became friends.

So as I lay upon my bed, waiting for my time, I saw this man for the last time. 

"Sad I won't have you around to make me shoes anymore. Should've asked you to made me another pair in advance!"

I chuckled. "You should've. You should've, M."

Comments

Popular Posts