Midnight Moments: 8.9. Fluffy and Clean
He always made pancakes that were fluffy. And I didn't like them that way.
However, being in a relationship often means that things don't always work the way you want all the time. There's living with the sides of things that you may not find to your liking. It's up to us how to balance the things we like and the things we don't.
I always believed that we had a great relationship regardless of how he made his pancakes. Or how he liked his black coffee with ice. There was always something that kept things in balance.
Like how he would make breakfast for me.
Sitting down at the table, he reached over to give me a kiss. "I've already packed you a lunch in case you want it. Do you?" He looked at me with his hopeful look. Must've tried out some new recipe today.
"Yeah. Sure I'd love to."
Honestly, the whole reason Theodore had started cooking was because I was such a bad one. Well, during the few times that I actually did cook myself anyway. He did assure me he enjoyed cooking and the fact he was always trying out new recipes was his way of showing me he meant it.
Poking at the pile of pancakes, I glanced up at him, catching his eye contact. Smiling, he just took a pancake and plated it for me. He poured maple syrup and spread some jam just the way liked it.
Well, I guess at least I'm pretty good at cleaning the house.
Comments
Post a Comment